Train Your Brain is the ultimate cognitive behavioral skill game. It helps children learn the basics of CBT, including recognizing self-talk, rescripting thoughts, thought-stopping and replacement, and recognizing when alternative coping skills are needed.
There are four categories of cards:
- Mental Exercise cards focus on teaching CBT skills
- Heavy Thoughts cards help children recognize the heaviness of trauma or depressive thoughts and the need to process difficult situations to feel better
- Fill Up on Positivity cards help kids learn to focus on the positive things in life
- Stay Upbeat cards challenge kids to think of the best in situations
This is a versatile game that can be used in individual, group, or family sessions. It can be used with small children with more explanation of concepts. If you are not familiar with CBT, it would be helpful to check out the cards before play to better be able to answer questions.
- 1 cover sheet with instructions
- 1 game board
- 4 sheets of cards, 12 cards per sheet
- 1 die
- 6 pawns
- The game is printed on cardstock and packaged in a reclosable plastic bag. Lamination is encouraged.
Train Your Brain: A Cognitive Behavioral Counseling Game - Preprinted
Shipping within the United States is a flat rate of $5. Orders over $30 (of hard copy products) will ship for free.
International shipping is no longer available. Please enjoy our digital downloads or telehealth versions.
You can view our return policy here.